1. This iPhone/iPad is supervised by another computer and cannot be used with this computer.
Error message while connecting a managed iOS device into a computer.
You might have disabled iTunes Pairing from your Hexnode MDM portal. Disabling this option will block every iTunes-related action.
- After signing into your Hexnode MDM portal,
Head on to Admin tab > Apple Business/School Manager > Apple DEP.
- Select DEP Policy > Open the DEP Policy associated with the device.
- Check the option Allow iTunes Pairing > Scroll down and click Save.
- After saving the policy, your device needs to be wiped and re-enrolled for the policy to be in effect.
2. NSURLErrorDomain – 1012
Error message while enrolling a new device to Hexnode MDM using Apple Configurator.
This error befalls when Apple Configurator has cached an expired certificate.
- From the Apple Configurator 2 menu, choose Preferences
- Select the Servers tab.
- Choose the required Hexnode MDM server and delete it by clicking the “-” button at the bottom of the window.
- Now, try to re-enroll your device.
Select the required Blueprint in Apple Configurator > click Prepare and follow the prompts.
This process makes Apple Configurator retrieve the latest Hexnode MDM certificates and may resolve the error.
3. An unexpected error has occurred with iPad.
Error message on Apple Configurator 2.
This error typically occurs when you connect your device to a Wi-Fi network before starting the Apple Configurator enrollment process.
- On your iPad setup settings, Choose a Wi-Fi Network > select the required Wi-Fi network > click Next and follow the prompts until you get to Location Service.
- Now, go to Apple Configurator 2 and prepare the iPad once more.
- On your iPad, if you cannot connect to a network,
Go back to Choose a Wi-Fi Network > select a Wi-Fi network > click Next and follow the prompts appropriately so that the device gets supervised.
4. An unexpected error has occurred: The device returned an unexpected status. (CommandFormatError)[com.apple.configurator.MobileDeviceKit.error]
This error may occur when you try to update to iOS 11 along while trying to enroll with Apple DEP.
Make sure that you complete updating the device to iOS 11, before adding the device to DEP.
5. A cloud configuration is already present on this device.
Error message during device activation.
- Make sure you turn Off Find my iPhone/iPad.
- Connect your iOS device back to Apple Configurator.
- Right-click the device > select Restore.
On your device, go to Settings > Tap your name > iCloud > swipe Find My iPhone button to Off.
This process re-downloads iOS into your device and probably fixes the problem.
6. Unable to verify the server’s enrollment URL.
Error message while preparing the devices in Apple Configurator.
You can verify your Enrollment URL by logging into your Hexnode MDM portal.
Go to Admin tab > Configurator Enrollment > Choose Default User > Save the settings and retry the enrollment process.
7. Unable to skip the step for entering the Apple ID and password while configuring the blueprint.
While setting up the blueprint, uncheck the option Add to Device Enrollment Program so that you can skip the step asking for Apple credentials.
8. The screen gets unresponsive on fetching Anchor Certificates while configuring the blueprint.
Click on Next as this step does not affect the blueprint creation.