Zendesk is a widely used Customer service platform all over the world. Zendesk Inc’s leading customer service platform – Zendesk Support makes it easy to track, prioritize and solve customer support tickets.
Ticket Handling and Apps
Customer queries in the form of Help Center requests, emails, chat, and social media messages can be set to automatically create support tickets. Moreover, you can integrate powerful tools from third party developers available as apps on the Zendesk marketplace. The Hexnode MDM app for Zendesk makes managing your mobile devices a breeze.
Zendesk Integration with Hexnode MDM
Zendesk users can now integrate Hexnode MDM with the Support platform to manage devices faster and easier. Now any IT admin with Zendesk Support and Hexnode MDM can manage their users’ devices from the Support console itself. The support requests from the channel via Hexnode MDM will be assigned as Zendesk Support Tickets. It is through these tickets that the queries are handled.
- Install the plugin app from Zendesk Marketplace by clicking on Install.
- Select an account to install the app. If you don’t have an account in Zendesk, create a new one.
- Login to Zendesk Support using your work email address.
- Provide the following details to install the application.
- Title: Provide a suitable name as title.
- Portal name: Provide your Hexnode MDM portal name from which you manage your devices.
- API key: Provide the API Key.
API Key can be obtained from the Admin tab as follows.
- Login to your Hexnode MDM portal.
- Go to Admin > API.
Copy the API key and paste it back to the Zendesk support console.
- Enable role restrictions?: Check this option to assign roles as who can access the application. You can assign as Administrator and Agent.
- Enable group restrictions?: Check this option to assign as which groups in Zendesk can access this application. By default, Support team has got the access to the application.
- After the installation procedure, you can view Hexnode MDM app in the Zendesk Support Console. From the left pane Go to Admin > Apps > Manage > My Apps.
- To view the users assigned. Go to Admin > Manage > People.
You can view the users assigned and click on a user to view the tickets assigned.
- The ticket will be created automatically when the user raises a request or you can create a new ticket by clicking on New ticket.
- You can provide a subject for the ticket.
- Public Notes are for replying to the ticket.
- You can even add an internal note along with the ticket.
- On the top right corner, under the apps section, you can view the devices enrolled within the portal.
- Click on the manage button to carry out the actions. Only the following actions can be carried out using Zendesk integration with Hexnode MDM.