How to configure App Catalog for Mac devices?
App catalog allows you to easily install VPP, enterprise and store apps on your macOS devices. It is a custom app store where you can set up multiple app catalogs for different sets of targeted users to effectively provision apps.
How to create a new App Catalog for Mac devices?
To create a new catalog, navigate to Apps tab in your Hexnode UEM portal.
- Select App Catalogs.
- Click on New.
- Add a name and suitable description for the catalog.
- Choose Apps > Add Apps to add apps to the catalog.
- Select Groups > Add App Groups to add App Groups to the catalog.
- Once completed click on Save Catalog.
After creating an app catalog, assign them to users for app installation.
Now let’s assign this app catalog to individual users to make app installation easy.
- Login to your Hexnode portal.
- Open Policies tab.
- Create a New Policy or select from any existing Policy templates.
- From macOS > App Management > App Catalog and click on Configure.
- Choose +Add Catalogs and add the catalog.
- Click Done.
- Select Policy Targets and associate this policy with Devices/Device Groups/Users/User Groups/Domain.
- Click Save.
As the policy is associated with the device, the Hexnode MDM app lists the customized store of apps together as App Catalog. Further, the user can install the necessary apps from the app catalog by clicking on the +GET button corresponding to an app. The app installation proceeds silently on the device.