CalDAV (Calendaring Extensions to WebDAV) is a service that syncs multiple calendars from various email accounts. Hexnode MDM allows the admin to configure the CalDAV settings from the MDM console. This feature is available on Ultimate and Ultra subscription plans.
Configure CalDAV via Policy
To configure CalDAV via policy,
- Login to your Hexnode MDM portal.
- Navigate to Policies > New Policy. Assign a suitable name and description (optional) for the policy. You can also choose to continue with an existing policy.
- Go to macOS > Accounts > CalDAV. Click Configure.
|Account description||When there are multiple CalDAV configurations, a description would be helpful to identify the right one. However, this field is optional.|
|Account host name||The address of the CalDAV server.|
|Port||The port number of the CalDAV server. The default port number is 8443.|
|Principal URL||A URL which provides information regarding a user’s CalDAV and CardDAV accounts. No separate principal URLs are available for multiple calendars of the same user.|
|Account username||The user’s account name. %username% can be used to fetch the username dynamically.|
|Account password||Password associated with the username provided above.|
|Use SSL||SSL makes the connection between you and the CalDAV server more secure by encrypting the data sent to the server. Enabled by default.|
Associate policy to devices/groups
To associate the policy to the target entity,
- Navigate to Policy Targets > +Add Devices. Choose the target device and click Ok. Click Save.
- You can also associate the policy to device groups, users, user groups, or domains from the left pane of Policy Targets tab.
- Alternatively, the policy can be associated from the Manage drop-down of Policies tab. Click Manage > Associate Targets. Choose the target entity and click Associate.