The device compliance feature closely relates with Android in the Enterprise enrolled devices. Once the device becomes non-compliant, the work container deactivates or becomes functionless if the deactivation settings are enabled via policies. The moment the device becomes compliant again, the container is re-activated. This feature is applicable for a device enrolled as a profile owner.
Deactivate Work Container on Non-Compliance via Policy
To deactivate work container via policy,
- Login to your Hexnode MDM portal.
- Navigate to Policies > New Policy. You can also choose to continue with an existing one.
- Go to General Settings > Android for Work – Compliance Settings. Click Configure.
- Select the option Deactivate Android for Work container on non-compliance. Specify the time duration after which the container gets deactivated.
- Next, associate the policy with target device. Go to Policy Targets > +Add Devices.
- Choose the devices you wish to associate the policy with and click on OK.
- Click Save.
Policy Name– Assign a suitable name for the policy. This field is mandatory.
Description– Add a brief description for the policy.
The work container gets auto-deactivated after the specified time if the device becomes non-compliant thereby hiding all the apps in the container.