When the user logs in to the Mac for the first time, the Setup Assistant guides the user through the initial setup procedures such as configuring Apple ID and iCloud setup, enabling Siri, and so on. These steps can be avoided with the help of an MDM solution. Hexnode enables the user to skip the initial setup options while activating the Mac for the first time.
Configure Setup Assistant via Policy
To configure the Setup Assistant on your Mac using Hexnode,
- Login to your Hexnode MDM portal.
- Navigate to Policies > New Policy. Assign a suitable name and description (optional) for the policy. You can also choose to continue with an existing policy.
- From macOS > Configurations, choose Setup Assistant. Click Configure.
|Skip Privacy setup
(Supported on macOS 10.13.4+)
|Skips the Data and Privacy setup window.|
|Skip Signing in with Apple ID
(Supported on macOS 10.12+)
|Skips the Apple ID sign-in setup window.|
|Skip iCloud Storage setup
(Supported in macOS 10.13.4+)
|Skips the iCloud Storage setup window.|
|Skip Siri setup
(Supported in macOS 10.12+)
|Skips the setup option to enable Siri.|
|Skip Choose Your Look setup
(Supported in macOS 10.14+)
|Skips the setup window option allowing the user to choose the look of the Mac.|
Once the setup assistant is configured, you can associate the policy to target device.
Associating Policies to Devices/ Groups
If the policy has not been saved,
- Go to Policy Targets > +Add Devices.
- Select the devices and click Ok.
- Click Save.
Alternatively, you can associate the policy to device groups, users, user groups or domains from the left pane of Policy Targets tabs.
If the policy has been saved,
- Choose the desired policy from the Policies tab.
- Click on Manage drop-down, select Associate Targets and choose the target devices.
- Click Associate.