How to Assign a Device to a New User?
What to do with a device once assigned to a user who recently left your organization? Well, you can assign it to a new user within the organization. Once you change the owner of the device, the policies associated with the old user will be removed from the device, and the policies assigned to the new user will get pushed to the device.
Benefits of Changing the Owner
If the policies are assigned to the user instead of the device,
- The device passcode should meet the strongest passcode requirements of a specific user. If the password policy associated with the old user has a stronger password criterion than the new user, then the device will not ask to set a new password.
- Any restrictions or configurations associated with the previous user will be removed and newer ones will be associated with the device.
- If the “Remove apps from the device on policy removal” option under Policies > Android/iOS > App Management > Mandatory Apps is checked, the mandatory apps associated with the old user will be removed from the device and newer ones will be installed.
Changing the owner of the Device
To change the user to assigned to the device,
- Login to your Hexnode console.
- Navigate to Manage.
- Select the required devices.
- From Actions, select Change Owner.
- Click on Select Domain dropdown and choose the domain. You can select between local, AD, Azure AD, Google Workspace (G Suite) and Okta domains (if configured).
- Choose a user from the selected domain to whom you want to assign the device.
- Check the option Delete Old User’s Location History to delete the location history of the old user.
- Click on Assign.
No further confirmation will be asked. So, be sure of your actions.
If you’ve assigned a device to a user by accident, you can re-assign it to the previous user. The policies will be associated right away, but the app installation might take time based on your network speed.