What to do with a device once assigned to a user who recently left your organization? Well, you can assign it to a new user within the organization and apply policies automatically.
Benefits of Changing the Owner
If policies are assigned to a user of a user group, changing the owner of the device removes the old policy which was meant for the older user and adds the new policies for the current user. Thus,
- The device passcode should meet the passcode requirements of a specific user. If the older user has a stronger passcode than the new user, then the device will not ask to set a new passcode.
- Mandatory apps set for the older user will be removed and new mandatory apps are installed.
- Blacklisted/whitelisted apps and URLs and restrictions will be changed as set for the user.
Changing Device Owner
To change the device owner,
- Access Management from Hexnode MDM console.
- Check a device.
- From Manage, select Change Owner.
- Set Domain as ‘local’ to display users that are manually enrolled, or select the name of an Active Directory (AD) to list names present in the AD.
- Search and select a user and click on the Assign button.
No further confirmation will be asked. So, be sure of your actions. If you’ve assigned a device to a user by accident, you can re-assign to the previous user. The policies are associated right away, but the app installation might take time based on your network speed.