What to do with a device once assigned to a user who recently left your organization? Well, you can assign it to a new user within the organization and apply policies automatically.
Benefits of Changing the Owner
If policies are assigned to a user of a user group, changing the owner of the device removes the old policy which was meant for the older user and adds the new policies for the current user. Thus,
- The device passcode should meet the passcode requirements of a specific user. If the older user has a stronger passcode than the new user, then the device will not ask to set a new passcode.
- Any restrictions or configurations associated with the previous user will be removed and newer ones will be associated with the device.
- If the “Remove apps from the device on policy removal” option at Policies > Android/iOS > App Management > Mandatory Apps is checked, the mandatory apps associated with the old user will be removed from the device and newer ones will be installed.
Changing Device Owner
To change the device owner,
- Login to your Hexnode console.
- Navigate to Manage.
- Select the required devices.
- From Manage, select Change Owner.
- Set Domain as ‘local’ to display users that are manually enrolled or select the name of either Active Directory (AD)/Azure AD/G Suite to list the names present within the selected domain.
- Search and select a user.
- Check the option Delete Old User’s Location History to delete the location history of the device while enrolled with the old user.
- Click on Assign.
No further confirmation will be asked. So, be sure of your actions. If you’ve assigned a device to a user by accident, you can re-assign to the previous user. The policies are associated right away, but the app installation might take time based on your network speed.