Here you can configure the global settings for Hexnode MDM. Global settings refers to the common management and admin configurations that are applied across the MDM as a whole.
Check the option Mark Inactivity to enable the inactivity settings.
- Duration – Select the type of duration to be provided for marking the devices as inactive. It can be set either as Days / Hours / Minutes.
- Mark devices as inactive after: Provide the number of day(s) / hour(s) / minutes after which device is to be marked as inactive.
- Days can take values from 1 to 30.
- Hours can take values from 1 to 23.
- Minutes can be chosen either as 15 / 30 / 45 minutes from the drop-down list.
Scheduled Device Scan
Periodic scanning of the device(s) enrolled in Hexnode MDM can be organised with Scheduled Device Scan.
By checking either Daily or Weekly option from the General Settings of the Hexnode MDM console, you can customize the scan regularly at scheduled interims.
You can check this option for scheduling the device scan on a daily basis. Now, the desired time can be set in hh:mm format to start the scanning process.
By checking the Weekly option, you can select the day(s) for which the scan is to be initiated. Then you can set the time for initiating the scan in hh:mm format.
Hexnode MDM marks your device as non-compliant if any of the selected requirements under Compliance Settings is not satisfied. Learn more.
Battery Level Alert
Hexnode MDM’s Battery Level Alert alerts the admin / user when the battery level goes below the specified value.
Hexnode MDM notifies the admin / users via email once the notification option is enabled under Admin > Notifications > Notify the Administrators on / Notify the associated users on > Device battery level.
Global Exit Settings (Android)
The Kiosk Global Settings in the Hexnode MDM is exclusively meant for Android devices. An exit passcode can be provided here to exit Android kiosk mode with Hexnode MDM.
FileVault is a full disc encryption program in Mac OSX 10.3 and later to protect your data and prevent unauthorized users from retrieving the information stored on your Mac. Learn More
With FileVault Settings, the Hexnode MDM FileVault Certificate can be downloaded by entering the password and clicking on the download button adjacent to it.
Remote View & Control Settings (Android)
The Remote View & Control Settings in the Hexnode MDM enables administrators to remotely view and control the screen of an enrolled Android device. Learn More
- Enable Remote View
- Enable Remote Control
- Prompt user to install Remote View app while in kiosk mode
Check this option to enable remote view on Android devices.
Select this option to enable remote control over Samsung Knox devices.
Check this option to prompt the user to install Hexnode MDM’s Remote View App even in kiosk mode.
Data Restriction Settings (Android)
Data Restriction Settings allows you to activate VPN for mobile data management during the enrollment process or after Hexnode app updates.
- Prompt to activate VPN: Checking this option gives a prompt to activate VPN for mobile data management during device enrollment process or after an update of the Hexnode app.
- Prompt to activate VPN while in kiosk: Once the Hexnode app updates, the device prompts VPN activation while in kiosk. Checking this option gives a prompt to activate VPN while the device is in kiosk mode whereas unchecking results in disabling VPN activation prompts, preventing mobile data management as well.
Android Lost Mode Settings
Hexnode MDM’s Lost Mode secures valuable information on your corporate devices in case of device theft. It lets you remotely lock down or wipe your misplaced or stolen Android devices. Learn More
- Auto Lockdown
- Show Wi-Fi button in the launcher
- Show Mobile data button in the launcher
- Phone Number
- Disable ‘Lost Mode’ on ROM enrolled devices
Check this option to disable lost mode after ROM enrollment. While booting, a custom ROM configured device is in ‘Lost Mode’ with options to connect to the internet. Once the device is connected to the internet, it gets enrolled in Hexnode MDM. Unchecking this option lets the device to continue in ‘Lost Mode’ even after enrollment.
When you check this option and provide the number of day(s) of inactivity, the device(s) will be automatically locked down after the specified day(s) of inactivity.
Check this option so that a user can see the Wi-Fi button in the device launcher even if the device has been locked down.
Check this option for enabling a user to see the Mobile data button in the device launcher even while in the locked down mode.
Enter a valid contact number that can be dialled from the lock screen to reach the owner.
Enter a short message to be displayed on the lock screen.
Enter a valid footnote to be displayed at the bottom of the lock screen.
Windows Custom Recovery Message
When you configure the Windows Custom Recovery Message and URL, it appears on the pre-boot recovery screen of the Windows device, thereby helping the users in recovering their key.
Checking Enforce Knox Launcher from Hexnode MDM enables the Hexnode Kiosk Launcher for Samsung devices using the Samsung API.
Timezone settings for the Reports
Hexnode MDM with its Timezone settings lets you choose your desired time zone using which various reports are to be generated.
Live Chat Support Settings
Check the Disable Chat Module option to disable the chat button on the bottom-right corner of the Hexnode MDM console.
Google Map API Key Settings
Hexnode MDM allows 2,500 location fetches as well as 25,000 map loads a day for all the devices in the portal and if you wish to demand more, you’ll need to add your own Google Map API key in the provided text field. Learn More
Hexnode System Agent Settings
During the ROM configured enrollment of Android devices, Hexnode System Agent app comes in handy. System Agent app grants the system permission to Hexnode MDM app.
The Hexnode MDM app is to be left unsigned whereas the System Agent app needs to be signed and deployed by the OEM vendor. With this, you no longer have to manually download and re-sign every new Hexnode MDM app version. The latest updates can be received directly from the Play Store.
Activate Device Administration for System Agent app and block its removal by placing it in system/priv-app folder.
- Enable Hexnode System Agent: Check this option to enable the communication between the Hexnode MDM app and Hexnode System Agent app.
- Show Hexnode System Agent icon: Check this option to display Hexnode System Agent app icon on the device launcher.