When there are huge number of devices to be enrolled directly into device groups, bulk enrollment with CSV import is the best way to go.
- Login to your Hexnode MDM portal.
- Go to Manage.
- From Device Groups select Add Bulk Devices with CSV.
Follow the steps to complete the enrollment process.
1. Upload CSV
Upload a CSV file containing the group name, serial number / device ID / UDID of the device and a description for the device group. You can add the device to either an existing group or a new group.
A sample CSV will be of the following format.
- groupname – It will be identified as name of the group.
- members – It will be identified as the serial number / device ID / UDID of the device.
- description – It will be identified as the description of the device group.
2. Verify CSV
You could verify the details uploaded in the CSV file. There are options to Remove existing devices in the groups and to Create non-existing groups.
The devices will be added to the groups and the final summary of the process will be shown here. Click on Finish to view the device groups with the devices added to it.