Exchange ActiveSync syncs emails, calendars, contacts, notes,etc. between the Mac and the Exchange server thus providing access to these information even in the absence of a network connection. Hexnode allows the admin to configure Exchange ActiveSync settings through the MDM console.
Configure Exchange ActiveSync via Policy
To configure Exchange ActiveSync via policy,
- Login to your Hexnode MDM portal.
- Navigate to Policies > New Policy. Assign a suitable name and description (optional) for the policy. You can also choose to continue with an existing policy.
- Go to macOS > Accounts > Exchange ActiveSync. Click Configure.
|Account name||A name for the configuration to differentiate in case multiple configurations are listed.|
|Exchange ActiveSync server name||The hostname or IP address of the Exchange server.|
|Use SSL||SSL secures a network connection by sending encrypted information to the server.|
|Domain||The domain name of the Exchange server. Use %domain% to fetch the domain name automatically from the Hexnode MDM server. Use %netbiosName% to fetch the NetBIOS name from the MDM server.|
|User||The username of the Exchange ActiveSync account. The following wildcards are supported to fetch the value automatically from the Hexnode MDM server:
|Email address||The email account for the ActiveSync account. The following wildcards are supported to fetch the value automatically from the Hexnode MDM server:
|OAuth||Specifies whether the connection should use OAuth for authentication, disabled by default.|
|OAuth Sign in URL||Specifies the URL to be loaded for authentication via OAuth when auto-discovery is not used.|
|Password||The password associated with the Exchange username provided above.|
|Path||The location of the host.|
|Port||Port number to communicate with the ActiveSync host.|
|External host||The hostname or IP address of the external Exchange server.|
|External SSL||Determine whether the external host uses SSL, disabled by default.|
|External path||The location of the external host.|
|External port||Port number to communicate with the external ActiveSync host.|
Associate policy to devices/groups
If the policy has not been saved,
- Navigate to Policy Targets > +Add Devices.
- Choose the target devices and click Ok. Click Save.
- You can also associate the policy to device groups, users, user groups, or domains from the left pane of Policy Targets tab.
If the policy has been saved,
- Go to Policies tab and choose the desired policy.
- Click on Manage drop-down and select Associate Targets.
- Choose the target entities and click Associate.