An admin user in a macOS device can add and manage other users and change system settings. Hexnode lets your organization add admin account for macOS devices that are enrolled via the Apple Business Manager.
Adding Admin User
The macOS device enrolled via Apple Business Manager can be seen in the DEP Devices list. We can add admin users by configuring a DEP Policy.
- On your Hexnode portal go to Enroll > Platform-Specific and under macOS click on Apple Business/School Manager.
- Under DEP Devices you can see the enrolled macOS devices. Click on DEP Policies to configure DEP policies.
- Click on Create DEP Policy to create a new DEP policy. You can also edit the existing Default DEP profile by clicking on it. Give a suitable name for the DEP Policy.
- Check the Configure user accounts option.
- Click on Save to save the policy.
- Associate the DEP Policy to the macOS device to add the admin user.
You will have the following options to configure.
|Setup new account as||Administrator|
|Full name||Enter the name of the Administrator. Supports the use of wildcards.|
|Account name||You can use either “Full name” or “Account name” to log in to your Mac. Account name will be used as the name for your home folder. Enter the name of the Administrator. Supports the use of wildcards.|
|Password||Enter a password for the user account. Supports the use of wildcards. However, the wildcards would be hidden under asterisk. Click on the eye icon to view|
|Hide account from Login Window and Users & Groups||If enabled, the account will be hidden from System Preferences > Users & Groups on your Mac device. Enabling this option will also hide the account name and only display the password prompt on the login window.|