Since there are many web based apps used in work, it is necessary to be able to add them in the kiosk along with store apps and enterprise apps.
Step 1: Add the web app to the App list.
- Login to your Hexnode MDM portal.
- Go to Apps tab and click on +Add Apps.
- Select Web App from the drop down list.
- In the Add Web App window, give the name, URL, app icon and category of the app.
- Click Add.
Now the web app is added to the App list.
Step 2: Add the web app to the Android Kiosk Policy.
- Go to Policies →New Policy →Kiosk Settings.
- Select Multi App Kiosk or Single App Kiosk as per your requirement.
- Click Configure and click on the + icon on the mobile screen shown.
- Select the web app from the list and click Done.
- Go to Policy Targets and select the devices, users or groups.
- Click OK.
- Save the policy by clicking Save.
Note: Even though no browser is whitelisted, the webpages can be viewed. This is the web view provided by Hexnode MDM app. But there are limitations to this view. You can whitelist any browser like Chrome, Firefox etc to the kiosk mode to have the webpages work properly. If you want the device to be restricted to these specific websites only, you can enable the Hexnode Secure Kiosk Browser.