Azure Active Directory (AD) is a cloud-based, multi-tenant identity and access management service. It provides easy sign-in provisions and automates workflow to meet the needs of your growing organization. It is a source to a single user or group information and provides a platform with enhanced security, access management, scalability and reliability for connecting multiple users.
Azure AD supports multi-factor authentication thus providing a source of security for organizational resources. It allows the users to sign in with their pre-existing credentials by bringing in single sign-on (SSO) based approach. Integrate your Azure AD with Hexnode and manage the Active Directory from a single console, sync your users and groups for easy enrollment and policy assignment.
Steps to configure Azure Active Directory with Hexnode MDM
To configure Azure Active Directory with Hexnode,
- On your Hexnode MDM console, navigate to Enroll > All Enrollments and under Enterprise category, choose Azure AD.
- You’ll be directed to a screen to enter the Directory (Tenant) ID. Sign in to the Azure portal for your directory and copy the Directory ID (Azure Active Directory > Properties).
- Enter the Directory ID in the Directory (Tenant) ID field on the Hexnode console. Click Configure.
- You’ll be asked to sign in with your Azure portal user credentials. Click Accept. This will render the listed permissions to the Hexnode Azure Directory Services.
- Azure AD is configured. You can now sync the Active Directory with Hexnode MDM.
Schedule a sync
Hexnode MDM allows the users to decide how often they wish to sync the AD with Hexnode.
- Admins can choose to initiate sync either daily or on a weekly basis.
- Select the days of the week or choose a specific time of a day for the sync to occur.