How to deploy custom configuration profiles to macOS devices?
Apple’s mobile device management functionalities depend on configuration profiles to push settings to remote devices. Administrators can create such profiles using various tools to customize enterprise settings for different device platforms like macOS, iOS and tvOS. Hexnode allows you to additionally push multiple settings across a fleet of devices using the Deploy Custom Configuration feature. This doc guides you on how to implement this feature on macOS devices from the Hexnode console.
Push configuration from the Hexnode console
Custom configuration profiles should be added to the Hexnode console to deploy them to the devices.
- Log in to the Hexnode console.
- Navigate to Policies > New Policy.
- Provide a policy name and description.
- Go to macOS > Configurations > Deploy Custom Configuration.
- Click on Configure. Then, select Choose File.
- You can choose a configuration profile from your device by clicking on Choose file followed by the Upload button. Or, you may select the files, which are already added to the portal from the displayed list.
- Click OK.
- Move to Policy Targets.
- You can associate devices/device groups/users/user groups/domains to the policy. Then click OK.
- Click Save.