Hexnode MDM allows you to set up email settings remotely and push them to the Windows devices over-the-air. The IT admin can configure the organization email for the users and push it to the devices so that the users don’t have to set up email in their devices by themselves.
To configure Email settings,
- Login to your Hexnode MDM portal > Navigate to Policies tab > Click on New Policy to create a new one or click on any policy to edit an existing one > Enter the Policy Name and Description in the provided fields.
- Navigate to Windows > Select Email under Accounts > Click on Configure
- Configure Email settings. Email settings.
Settings Description Account Description Enter a name/ description to differentiate between multiple email configurations. Account Type Select the option IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) if you want to store all emails on the server and sync them with the device.
By default, the Account Type is set to POP (Post Office Protocol) that enables you to store emails (received and sent) on the device.
Email Address (Reply Address) Enter the email address of the user. User Display Name Enter the display name of the user. Incoming Mail Server Enter the server address or IP address of the incoming email server. Domain Enter the name of the email domain. User Name Enter the username to get authenticated with the email server and retrieve all emails from the server. Authentication Secret Enter the email account password. Outgoing Mail Server Enter the server address or IP address of the outgoing email server. Authentication Required Select the option Authentication Required if authentication is required for the outgoing email server.
Disabled by default.
SMTP Alternate Enabled Select the option SMTP Alternate Enabled to enable an alternate SMTP email account.
Disabled by default.
SMTP Alternate Domain Enter the domain name of the alternate SMTP email account. SMTP Alternate Authentication Name Enter the display name of the alternate SMTP email account. SMTP Alternate Password Enter the password required to access the alternate SMTP email account. Linger (Update Frequency) Select the time interval for updating the emails on the device.
The available options are Manually (Manually update emails), 15 Min, 30 Min, 60 Min, and 120 Min (default).
Download Days Select the number of days’ worth of emails you need to download onto the device.
The available options are All emails, 7 Days, 14 Days, and 30 Days (default).
E-mail Type Select the option Visual Voice Mail to convert the voicemail into text, along with a slider to hear the voicemail from the part you want to hear.
By default, the E-mail Type is set to Normal Email.
Incoming Server Use SSL Select the option Incoming Server Use SSL to use SSL for the incoming server.
SSL establishes an encrypted connection between the email server and the device for secure communication.
Outgoing Server Use SSL Select the option Outgoing Server Use SSL to use SSL for the outgoing server.
Apply the Email Configuration to Devices/Groups
There are two ways by which you can associate restrictions to the devices in bulk.
If you haven’t saved the policy yet,
- Navigate to Policy Targets
- Click on + Add Devices, search and select the required device(s) to which you need to apply the policy > Click OK
- Click on Save to apply the policies to the devices.
To associate the policies to a device group, select Device Groups from the left pane under Policy Targets, and follow the above instructions. Similarly, you can associate the policy to Users, User Groups, or Domains from the same pane.
If you’ve already saved the policy and taken to the page which displays the policy list,
- Select the required policy
- Click on Manage > select Associate Targets
- Select Device/ User/ Device Group/ User Group/ Domain
- Search and select the device(s)/ user(s)/ device group(s)/ user group(s)/ domain(s) to which you need to apply the policy > Click Associate.