How to Hide Notification Bar on Android Devices
Notification Bar (Action Bar) can display screenshots, notifications from different apps with a quick swipe down. You can close a notification with a simple wipe to the right or open an app by clicking on the notification. Quick settings are also displayed here. You can enable or disable Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Mobile Data, Location, Airplane mode, Auto-Rotate, adjust Screen Brightness and so on. If you press and hold down an icon, you will be taken to the corresponding settings page for that function.
Hiding Notification Bars Using Hexnode UEM
Here’s how you can hide Notification Bar on Android Devices using Hexnode UEM.
- Log in to your Hexnode console.
- Navigate to Policies.
- Select an existing policy or create a new one by clicking on New Policy.
- Navigate to Android > Restrictions > Advanced and click on Configure.
- Under Display Settings, you’ll have the following options.
- Hide System Bars – You can hide/display the system bars using this option. Checking this option hides the system bar, including the status bar, notification shades, and settings toggle depending on the device platform.
- Hide Status Bar – You can hide/display the status bar using this option. Checking this option hides the status bar of the device, including the carrier info, time, and other notifications. However, other system bars will remain unaffected. Apart from Samsung Knox devices, the status bar can be enabled/disabled on devices enrolled as Device Owner in Android Enterprise program.
- Hide Navigation Bar – You can hide/display the navigation bar using this option. Checking this option hides the navigation bar of the device, including the on-screen buttons – back, home, and recent apps. However, other system bars will remain unaffected.
- Navigate to Policy Targets and click on the +Add Devices button to add the devices you wish to associate the policy to. Click on Save.