Windows devices can be stripped from many features remotely with the help of Hexnode MDM. The set of restrictions available for Windows mobile devices are as follows:
- Allow use of camera: Un-checking this option will prevent users from opening the camera in the device.
- Allow copy paste: If you do not want to allow your users to copy and paste text, deselect this
- Require device encryption: Turns on device encryption, and requires a password to transfer data to other sources.
- Allow internet sharing: When enabled, the users can share the internet to other devices as a WiFi hotspot.
- Allow NFC: Allow Near Field Communication to transfer data between devices.
- Allow Cortana: Allow the users to use Cortana.
- Allow Wi-Fi: Allow the device to connect to Wi-Fi. Disallowing this option will prevent the device from connecting to Wi-Fi.
- Allow USB connection: Allow access to the device from other devices via USB.
- Allow storage card: Disables SD card in the device if this feature is turned off.
- Allow voice recording: You can disable voice recording on the device when this option is
- Allow auto connect to Wi-Fi sense: Allow Windows Wi-Fi sense to connect to a previously saved Wi-Fi network automatically.
- Allow manual Wi-Fi configuration: Allows connecting to WiFi networks other than those which are configured by the MDM server.
- Allow VPN over cellular: Selecting this option will enable the device to connect to VPN over cellular network
- Allow VPN roaming over cellular: Deselecting this option will prevent you from connecting to VPN when your device roams over the cellular network.
- Allow cellular data roaming: When disabled, users cannot access the internet with mobile data when roaming.
- Allow user to reset phone: Select this option to allow users to reset their device.
- Allow screen capture: Allow taking screenshots.
- Allow telemetry: Enable or disable sending telemetry information.
- Allow Bluetooth: Allow users to transfer data over Bluetooth.
- Allow location: Turns on location services in the device.
- Allow use store: Let users use Windows Store and install or update applications.
- Allow Microsoft Account connection: Allow users to link the device to a Microsoft account to sync contacts, settings, calendar and wallpaper between devices.
- Allow sync my settings: Allow a user to sync settings between devices.
- Allow developer unlock: Uncheck this option to block a user from turning on developer mode. Developer mode allows app installations from sources other than Windows Store.
- Allow manual root certificate installation: Allow users to manually install root certificates.
- Safe search permission: Supported in Windows 10, filters off adult contents when turned on.
- Allow sharing office files: Specifies whether the user is allowed to share office files from Office Hub.
- Allow search to use location: Allowing will let search use the location and return location-based results.
- Allow storing image from Vision Search: If checked, the images captured while performing Bing Vision search will be stored in the device.
- Allow Adding Non Microsoft Accounts Manually: Enabling this will allow user to add non Microsoft accounts in the device.
- Allow Save As office files: Allows user to save files in the device as office files with Office
- Allow Action Center notifications: Allowing will let the device to show notifications in Action Center.
- Allow browser: Allow or disallow browsing from IE / Edge.