How to set up File Repository for Content Management?
In today’s world, an enterprise typically deals with a large workforce to run businesses effectively. Organizations must ensure that all employees have secure access to corporate data from anywhere, at any time to assure business productivity. Hexnode’s content management makes it easy to securely store and distribute all essential business data to various employee devices from a single location. As a result, it helps enterprises boost business productivity without compromising data security.
Files required for deployment can be uploaded to the Hexnode file repository, allowing administrators to quickly access the contents from the portal while configuring policies for file deployment. Also, the files uploaded while creating policies will be automatically added to the repository for future use.
Add Files to Hexnode File Repository
Follow the steps given below to add a file to the Hexnode File repository.
- Login to the Hexnode portal.
- Go to Content > My Files.
- Click on Add, and select the required file. A pop-up window displaying the fields for entering the file name and version appears.
- Provide the file name and version number in the File name and Version fields, respectively.
- Click on Save.
The portal will display the uploaded file. You can update, download or delete the files from here. You can also use the search bar to find any files in the repository.
You can download the files stored in the repository:
- Head to Content > My Files.
- Click on the Download icon corresponding to the file.
You may require modified versions of files for specific purposes. Follow the steps given below to upload the new version of a file.
- Head to Content > My Files, and tap on the modify icon corresponding to the file.
- Click on Choose file, and upload the modified version of the file.
- Provide the file name and version number in the Filename and Version fields, respectively.
- Click on Save.
Now, the file will be replaced with the modified version. However, you can use the previous file versions whenever required by following the instructions given below.
- Navigate to Content > My Files.
- Click on the Version History icon corresponding to the required file. A pop-up will arise showing the different versions of the file.
- Click on the Set as Active button that corresponds to the required previous version of the file.
Then, click Save and Update.
If the files are no longer required, you can delete them from the repository by following the steps given below.
- Navigate to Content > My Files, select the required files and click on Delete.
- Type in the number of selected files, and click Yes.
- Enter the portal password, and click Confirm.
This action will delete the selected files and their previous versions from all the associated policies. The files will not be deleted from the end device if they were moved from the location specified in the policy.
Benefits of Adding Contents to the Hexnode File Repository
- Any file uploaded to the Hexnode File Repository can be transferred to specified locations on Android devices.
- You can store custom scripts on Hexnode File Repository, which can be deployed to automate routine and time-consuming tasks in Windows and macOS devices.
- QMG files uploaded to the repository can be used to add custom boot and shutdown animations for Samsung Knox devices.
- To deploy custom configuration profiles to iOS, macOS and tvOS devices, you can use .mobileconfig,.xml, or .plist files uploaded here.
- macOS wallpaper, Android Kiosk screensavers and Android digital signages can be customized with images, videos and audio stored in Hexnode’s file repository.
Add Documents and Videos in Kiosk Mode for Android devices
Kiosk mode limits device functionalities and locks down devices into a set of work-related apps to boost employee productivity. However, to make the devices more useful in the enterprise, Hexnode also allows you to add documents and videos in kiosk-enabled Android devices. The videos or files should be uploaded to the Hexnode file repository, which can later be pushed to devices as shortcuts using the kiosk policy.
- Navigate to Content > Kiosk File Shortcuts > Documents to upload documents to the Hexnode file repository.
- Go to Content > Kiosk File Shortcuts > Media to add videos to the repository.