Hexnode MDM’s ‘Remote View and Control’ feature allows administrators to remotely view and control the screen of an enrolled device, effectively and seamlessly, directly from Hexnode MDM Console. This feature allows admin to monitor devices, take control of devices as if the device were in hand and control them using mouse and virtual keyboard. Real-time visibility into the user’s device aids administrators to diagnose and fix problems reported by users in real time.
Installing Remote View App
- After Hexnode MDM installation is complete or after the APK file has been downloaded, you will be asked to Set Up Remote View on your device. Click on Set up Button.
- Click on Install button to install an add on service to have Remote view enabled on your device.
- You will see access permissions list that lists all the permissions the app will have access to.Click on Install button to install this application.
- You can see an ‘App Installed‘ message if the app has been installed successfully.Click on Open button to open the Remote View App.
- Click on Continue to complete the remaining installation process.
- A device prompt pops up the first time the remote view is set up. Check ‘Do not show’ box to allow unattended access. If this is disabled, you will have to grant permission every time the admin requests for remote view. Click on Start Now.
- On successful completion of the above steps, Hexnode MDM Remote View Services will be enabled on your Android Device.
Configuring Hexnode Remote View Settings
Administrator can set the following permissions on the MDM Console to enable remote view services on all its enrolled devices.
- Log in to Hexnode MDM Console.
- Navigate to Admin > General Settings.
- Under Remote View & Control Settings, enable the following options.
Enable Remote View: Select this option to enable remote view on Android devices.
Enable Remote Control: Select this option to enable remote control on Samsung Knox and Rooted Android devices.
Prompt user to install Remote View App while in kiosk mode (Android): Select this option to prompt the user to install the remote view app even while the device is in kiosk mode.
- Click on Save.
Steps to remotely control Android Devices from PC Using Hexnode MDM
To enable remote view for your devices, all you have to do is to make sure that you have Hexnode MDM’s latest version installed on your Android (5 and above) devices.
Follow the steps below to enable Remote View for Android Devices using Hexnode MDM.
- Log in to your Hexnode MDM Console.
- Navigate to Manage > Devices.
- Identify and select the device from the list of enrolled devices.
- Click on Start Session. Remote View window will show the screen of the device.
- You can use your mouse to perform individual clicks and virtual keyboard to type text. You can use the home,back and recent buttons to navigate between apps. In this way, admin can enforce complete control over devices and issues can be fixed remotely.
- Click on the Stop button to end the remote view session. Click on Restart button to resume the session. Click on Maximize button to fit the remote view session to your screen.
You can now remotely control your enrolled devices.