Blocked Package error for Android devices locked in kiosk mode
- The blocked package error message could occur if you have not whitelisted the application. The error message generated could be of the form:
Blocked package: com.android.vending
If you can’t read the blocked package error message, it can be viewed from the Hexnode portal.
- Go to Manage.
- Select the device, this will take you to the device summary page.
- Under Applications subtab, you could view the blocked package details corresponding to each app installed on your device.
- To access the application, you need to add the blocked package to the background app.
Here is how you can do it!
- Navigate to Apps > +Add Apps > With Bundle ID.
- Provide a random app name and select a category.
- Under Bundle ID, provide the blocked package name.
- Search for the app package from Manage > Select the device > Applications subtab and provide it under Bundle ID.
- If you can’t find the blocked package, then you may go forward with the following step. For instance, if the generated error message is Blocked package: com.android.vending, bundle ID will be: com.android.vending
- Click on Add.
- Once the package is added to the app, you need to add this app as background app.
- Select your Kiosk policy.
- Choose Kiosk Lockdown > Android Kiosk Lockdown > Background Apps.
- Add the blocked package app here and save the policy.