LDAP is a protocol that is used to access Active Directory components such as name and email address of a user. It also stores the user information and credentials in the Active directory. Hexnode allows the admin to configure LDAP settings from the MDM console.
Configure LDAP settings via policy
To configure LDAP settings via policy,
- Login to your Hexnode MDM portal.
- Navigate to Policies > New Policy. Assign a suitable name and description (optional) for the policy. You can also choose to continue with an existing policy.
- Go to iOS > Accounts > LDAP. Click Configure.
|Account Description||A name or description to identify multiple LDAP accounts.|
|Account User Name||Username of the LDAP account.|
|Account Password||Password associated with the LDAP account|
|Account Host Name||IP address or name of the LDAP host.|
|Use SSL||SSL is used if an encrypted connection is needed between the device and the LDAP server. By default, SSL is used.|
Associate policy to devices/groups
If the policy has not been saved,
- Navigate to Policy Targets > +Add Devices.
- Choose the target devices and click OK. Click Save.
- You can also associate the policy to device groups, users, user groups or domains from the left pane of the Policy Targets tab.
If the policy has been saved,
- Go to Policies tab and choose the desired policy.
- Click on Manage drop-down and select Associate Targets.
- Choose the target entities and click Associate.