The Pre-enrollment feature lets you import devices into Hexnode MDM, even before the enrollment is completed from the user end. You don’t have to wait around for users to enroll their devices to get started with management. You can proactively group devices and assign policies with all the configurations, restrictions and apps. Upon enrollment, the policies automatically take effect on the devices.
Pre-enrollment involves bulk importing a list of devices based on their serial numbers via a CSV file. For added security, you can make pre-enrollment mandatory, allowing only the predefined list of devices to be enrolled.
- Go to Enrollment tab.
- Click on Bulk Enrollment and select the domain.
- Select Pre-enroll devices.
- Download Sample CSV file from the link provided and create one like the sample.
- Click on Choose file and upload the CSV file containing the mandatory information such as name, email, ownership, serial number and platform. All others, like mobile and device name, are optional.
- Click Next.
- Hexnode MDM will automatically map keys for you. If anything goes wrong, map the keys manually. Hexnode will automatically identify these keys: name, email, mobile, ownership, device name, Serial Number and platform.
- The data uploaded in the CSV file will be displayed. If there is any error in the CSV file, it will be displayed at the bottom. Correct the error and re-submit the file.
- Click Next.
- Select the option Send enrollment request and click Confirm.
- Click Done.
All pre-enrolled devices will be displayed along with enrolled devices in the Management section of the product. If you click on a device’s name, you will be taken to the device information page with a top banner “Pre enrolled Device” if the device is pre-enrolled and the user has not accepted the enrollment request yet.
Restricting enrollment to pre-enrolled devices
You can limit the enrolling devices to only a list of approved devices by enabling this feature. To allow only pre-enrolled devices to enroll in Hexnode MDM,
- Go to Admin > Enrollment Settings.
- Check the Pre-enrolled Devices Only option under Enrollment Restrictions.
- Save the settings.