Set up OEM configurations on Sharp Android device using AQUOS Config 2
Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) generate customized functionalities to associate with the devices to enhance the scope for enterprise-grade features. They extend support for such advanced management capabilities through their OEMConfig application. The OEMConfig app distributed to the devices makes it easier to deploy OEM-specific settings to Android Enterprise devices via the UEM console. AQUOS Config 2 (OEMConfig for SHARP) – the OEMConfig app developed by Sharp Corporation enables organizations to provide enterprise capabilities for Sharp Android devices. Thus, organizations can exert granular-level control over the enterprise devices by configuring them to support these features.
Approve and add AQUOS Config 2 (OEMConfig for SHARP) to Hexnode inventory
AQUOS Config 2 (OEMConfig for SHARP) – the OEMConfig should be installed to configure settings for Sharp Android devices. The app provides the interface for creating the managed configurations for the devices from the Hexnode console.
- Navigate to Apps.
- Go to +Add Apps > Managed Google Apps.
- Search for the AQUOS Config 2 (OEMConfig for SHARP) app and click on Approve.
- A pop-up appears listing a set of permissions required for the app. Verify them and click Approve.
- Next, you will be asked to configure Approval Settings and Notifications when the app requests new app permissions. Make the necessary changes on how new app permissions are to be handled.
- Click Done.
Now, you can deploy the app to the target devices.
Set-up OEM configurations for Sharp Android devices
- Go to Policies.
- You may choose the existing policy to push the OEMConfig app to devices or create a New Policy.
- Navigate to Android > App Management > App Configurations.
- Click Configure > Add new configuration.
- Select the AQUOS Config 2 (OEMConfig for SHARP) app from the list of approved apps and click Add.
- Configure the required settings and click Done.
The following settings can be customized:
|Software update disabled||Toggle on the option to disable software update settings on the device.|
|Enforcement of SD card encryption||Enabling the option forces SD encryption. Encrypting SD cards adds another layer of protection to the stored corporate data.|
Associate Policies with Devices/Groups
If the policy has not yet been saved.
- Navigate to Policy Targets.
- Click on +Add Devices.
- Choose the devices and click OK.
- Click on Save to apply the policies to devices.
Apart from devices, you can also associate the policies with users, device groups, user groups or domains from Policy Targets.
If the policy has been saved, you can associate it with another method.
- From the Policies tab, check the policies to be associated.
- Click on Manage > Associate Targets and choose the device.
- Click on Associate to apply policy to the devices.