How to Update Enterprise Apps in Apple TV
Enterprise apps are custom-made organization-specific apps deployed to managed devices. They are also called in-house apps and can be developed in-house or by a third-party developer. Since they are solely built for the organization, enterprise apps are not available in the App Store. You can push enterprise apps to the device using the “Install Application” action in the Hexnode portal. Once the enterprise apps are pushed to the devices, they can be updated using Hexnode UEM. These apps can be added to the app inventory and pushed silently to the devices.
To Update Apple TV Enterprise Apps using Hexnode
Step 1: Replace the old IPA file with the new version
- Login to your Hexnode portal.
- Go to the Apps tab.
- Filter the apps by selecting the App Type as Enterprise App and App Platform as Apple TV.
- Click on the app to be updated.
- Click on the gear icon on the top right corner of the app detail box.
- Choose Edit from the drop-down list.
- Edit app name if necessary.
- Click on Change beside the ‘Choose the IPA File’ and upload the updated file.
- Click on Save.
The updated version of the app will be successfully added to the app inventory.
Step 2: Push the new app version via Install Application action
- Go to the Manage tab and select the device.
- From the Actions drop-down, select Install Application.
- Select the new app version from the list.
- Click Done.