Hexnode – General FAQs
- 1. Do the devices have to be factory reset to be enrolled and managed by MDM?
- 2. Do I need an Apple Enterprise/Developer account to manage iOS devices?
- 3. How much network data does Hexnode MDM app consume?
- 4. Which are the operating systems supported by Hexnode MDM?
- 5. Which are the devices that support the remote control feature?
- 6. Does Hexnode have a limit on the number of devices it can support on the server?
- 7. Why are my employees not receiving enrollment requests despite sending them repeatedly?
1. Do the devices have to be factory reset to be enrolled and managed by MDM?
2. Do I need an Apple Enterprise/Developer account to manage iOS devices?
No, managing iOS devices using Hexnode does not require an Apple Enterprise/Developer account.
3. How much network data does Hexnode MDM app consume?
Hexnode MDM app consumes network data only to install the apps pushed via the console, the amount of consumed data depends on the size of the app. For other actions, a negligible amount of data is consumed.
4. Which are the operating systems supported by Hexnode MDM?
Hexnode MDM support devices under the following OS platforms:
- iOS devices running iOS 4 and later versions.
- Smartphones running Android 4.1 and later versions.
- Windows tablets and PCs running Windows 10 and later versions.
- macOS devices running OS X 10.7 and later.
- Apple TVs running Apple TV software 6.0 and later.
5. Which are the devices that support the remote control feature?
Hexnode’s ‘Remote Control’ feature works on Samsung Knox and rooted Android devices. It enables IT administrators to view, monitor, and control the screen of the devices in real-time. The admin can virtually tap on the screen by using point and click navigation. Remote Control sessions can be established to troubleshoot issues reported by users and solve them over-the-air instantly.
6. Does Hexnode have a limit on the number of devices it can support on the server?
The maximum number of devices that can be enrolled in a Hexnode server depends on the number of device licenses you have purchased during the MDM subscription. Say, if you have purchased 1000 devices, your Hexnode server can have up to 1000 enrolled devices at a time. However, during the trial period, the server can only have a maximum of 100 devices enrolled in it at a time.
7. Why are my employees not receiving enrollment requests despite sending them repeatedly?
Once the admin sends out enrollment requests, the users usually receive them within a couple of minutes. However, sometimes the user might not receive the enrollment request because:
- The email address given at the time of user creation might be wrong. Verify the provided email address.
- The admin might have chosen to send the enrollment request as SMS alone. Make sure that the option to send enrollment requests as email is enabled.
- The mail might be in the spam folder of the inbox.