Hexnode enables you to configure Managed Domain for iOS devices. It enables you to list certain email domains. If you send an email to the domain not listed here, it will be highlighted as out-of-domain in the mail app. Similarly, MDM server also enables to identify the documents downloaded from an unmanaged domain.
To configure Managed Domain for iOS devices
- Login to your Hexnode portal.
- Navigate to Policies.
- Select an existing policy or create a new one by clicking on New Policy.
- From iOS>Security select Managed Domain and click on Configure.
You have the following options to be configured.
- Unmarked Email Domains – The required email addresses can be listed here. Any email address that does not contain a suffix that matches with any of the listed domains will be regarded as out of domain. It will be highlighted in the mail app.
- Managed Web Domains – The required safari web domains can be listed here. Any documents downloaded from these web domains are considered as managed.
- Managed Web Domains for Password Autofills on Safari – The required safari web domains for which password autofills are to be enabled can be listed here. Hence, users can save passwords only for the URL’s listed here. This feature is supported only on iOS version 9.3 and later.
Once these options are configured, you can associate these policies to devices.
To Associate Policies to Devices / Groups.
If the policy has not yet been saved.
- Navigate to Policy Targets.
- Click on +Add Devices.
- Select the devices and click OK.
- Click on Save to apply the policies to devices.
Apart from devices, you can also associate the policies with device groups, user and user groups from Policy Targets.
If the policy has been saved, you can associate it by another method.
- From Policies, check the policies to be associated.
- Click on Manage → Associate Targets and select the device.
- Click on Associate to apply policy to the devices.
Here, once the policies have been applied, domain will be configured on your device.
Once the domains are configured in your portal, this is what happens at the device end.