Hexnode MDM supports iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, Windows PC and tvOS devices. The enrollment procedure of each of these platforms are different. The admin has to initially configure the enrollment settings in the server. After configuring the enrollment settings, the user can enroll their devices. The links to enroll different devices are given below.
- Enrolling iOS devices
- Enrolling Android devices
- Enrolling Windows Phones
- Enrolling MAC
- Enrolling Windows PC and tablets
- Apple DEP Enrollment
- Android ROM Enrollment
Admin Settings for Enrollment
In the Admin tab select Enrollment Settings. All the settings that need to be configured prior to enrollment is done here.
Enrollment without authentication – The fastest and easiest way of enrollment
In this scenario, the admin may only provide the enrollment URL to the users. The users then enroll their devices with this enrollment URL. No emails, no credentials. The method of enrollment is different for different OS platforms.
Here a default user need to be created in order to assign all the device enrolled in the portal to that user. If no user is specified, the device will be enrolled with the name “Default User”.
A default password need to be specified for enrolling Windows devices without authentication. A password will be already set in the portal by default. You can change it according to your wish.
Enrollment with Authentication
The enrollment with authentication method will require the user to enter a username and password for enrolling their devices. The admin can enable the enrollment request modes :
- Email – The enrollment request will be sent as a mail with enrollment URL, user name, password and QR code.
- SMS – The enrollment request will be sent as an SMS with enrollment URL, user name and password.
The enrollment credentials are delivered according to the request modes selected ie: enrollment mail or enrollment message. The enrollment mail or message typically contains an enrollment URL, username and one time password (OTP).
After configuring the enrollment settings, save the settings and all the changes will be applied to the portal.
Sending Enrollment Request
After all enrollment settings are configured, we can start enrolling the device. For No authentication enrollment, the admin needs to only provide the employees with the enrollment URL. For enrollment with authentication, the admin need to send enrollment request to the users. You can do this in many ways
- Create user and send enrollment request one by one
- Integrate with Active Directory and send enrollment request
- Upload CSV and enroll in bulk
Create user and send enrollment request one by one
This method will allow you to create a new user and send enrollment request immediately. We do not recommend this method for enrolling a large number of users. Instead, this will come in handy when you want to add a user occasionally.
- In the Enrollment tab click on New Enrollment.
- Click on Select user and select +Add New User.
- Enter the details of the user and click Save.
- Click on the Send button to send enrollment request to that user.
You can also choose not to send enrollment request at the time of user creation. All the users can be added in this manner and the enrollment request can be sent all at once. This method is recommended when the number of users are very less.
Integrate with Active Directory and send enrollment request
The Active Directory integration is the most preferred way of enrollment by enterprises. Users can be imported quite easily to the MDM console with AD integration.
Find out more about AD integration here
Once the AD users are imported to the MDM console, all you need to do is
- Go to Management > Active Directory.
- Select the domain or OUs or groups.
- Click on Manage and select New enrollment.
Bulk enrollment with CSV import
When there are a lot of users to enroll but no Active Directory to integrate with, bulk user import is the way to go.
- Go to Enrollment tab
- Select Bulk Enrollment
- Upload the CSV file which contains all the users and their details.
- Click Next and define the keys.
- Click Submit and verify the details of the CSV file uploaded.
- Check the option Send Enrollment Request to sent enrollment mail to all the users in the CSV file.
- Click Confirm.
- Click Done.
Devices can be pre-enrolled to the MDM console and all configurations, restrictions and settings can be assigned to these pre-enrolled devices. Click on the heading to find out more about pre-enrollment of devices.