A device needs to be wiped if a device is stolen (or you suspect so) and you cannot risk the corporate data in it by just putting a lock on the device. You can either perform a corporate wipe or a complete wipe.
To wipe a device completely,
- Login to your Hexnode portal.
- Navigate to Manage tab.
- Click on the device you wish to wipe or select the devices you wish to wipe.
- From Actions drop-down, select Wipe Device for the device(s) you wish to wipe.
- Click on Yes, in the confirmation dialog.
- Enter the password of your Hexnode MDM portal and click OK to initiate device wipe.
To wipe a single device
To wipe multiple devices
Automatic device wipe
A device can be set up to get wiped automatically if the user enters an incorrect password for a specific number of times. This feature is available only on iOS, Android and Windows devices. To set up,
- Go to Policies and create a new policy or continue with an existing one.
- Go to the respective device settings section.
- Select Passcode or Password.
- Set a value for Failed Attempts.
Associate this policy before saving to a device to make it active. To associate a policy,
- Go to Policy Targets tab from the policy set up screen.
- Add devices, users, device groups or user groups.
- Now, save the policy.