A device needs to be wiped if a device is stolen (or you suspect so) and you cannot risk the corporate data in it by just putting a lock on the device. You can either perform a corporate wipe or a complete wipe.
To wipe a device completely,
- Access Management tab from Hexnode MDM console.
- Check all devices which need to be wiped.
- From Manage, select Wipe Device.
- Click on Yes, in the confirmation dialog.
- Enter the password of your Hexnode MDM portal and click OK to initiate device wipe.
From Management, select Users, Device Groups, User Groups or Active Directory and perform wipe to have the device belonging to the specific section wiped.
Automatic device wipe
A device can be set up to get wiped automatically if the user enters an incorrect password for a specific number of times. This feature is available only on iOS, Android and Windows devices. To set up,
- Go to Policies and create a new policy or continue with an existing one.
- Go to the respective device settings section.
- Select Passcode or Password.
- Set a value for Failed Attempts.
Associate this policy before saving to a device to make it active. To associate a policy,
- Go to Policy Targets tab from the policy set up screen.
- Add devices, users, device groups or user groups.
- Now, save the policy.