Configure BARTEC devices with OEMConfig
Organizations often require devices tailored for their industrial needs. As a result, OEMs release applications that can configure OEM-specific functionalities. OEMConfig applications enable administrators to remotely configure device management features on compatible devices, providing maximum control over them.
BARTEC is a global leader in safety and protection in hazardous areas. Integrating the OEMConfig app with Hexnode UEM allows organizations to deploy these settings on their devices remotely. This document briefly covers the features provided by the OEMConfig app.
Approve and add BARTEC OEMConfig application to Hexnode App Inventory
- Go to the Apps tab on your Hexnode UEM portal.
- Click on +Add Apps and choose the Managed Google Apps option.
- Search and choose BARTEC OEMConfig app and click on Approve.
- Next, approve the permission request when a pop-up is shown.
- In the Approval Settings tab, the user can choose to keep/revoke approval when approved apps request new permissions.
- In the Notifications tab, the user can add email addresses to subscribe for email notifications. Click on Done.
Set-up OEM Configurations.
- Go to the Policies tab on your Hexnode UEM portal.
- Click New Policy.
- Provide an appropriate name and description for the policy.
- Next, navigate to Android > App Configurations.
- Click on Configure > and choose +Add new configuration.
- Search for BARTEC OEMConfig app and click Add.
- Configure the setting as per requirement and click Done.
The Programmable key present on BARTEC Pixavi phones can be configured to perform the following actions:
|SOS Value||Enter the number of taps required to perform the selected SOS action.|
|SOS Action||Select the SOS action to be performed on the devices:
|PTT Value||Enter the number of taps required to perform the selected PTT action.|
|PTT Action||Select the PTT Action to be performed on the devices:
|Long Press Value||Enter the number of long-presses required to perform the Long Press action.|
|Long Press Action||Select the Long Press Action to be performed on the devices:
|Double Tap Value||Enter the number of double-taps required to perform the Double tap action.|
|Double Tap Action||Select the Double Tap Action to be performed on the devices:
|Tap Value||Enter the number of taps required to perform the Tap action.|
|Tap Action||Select the Tap Action to be performed on the devices:
Use the Add group option to create a new set of Action Key Configurations if required.
Associate Policies with target devices
If the policy has not been saved yet,
- Navigate to Policy Targets.
- Click on +Add Devices.
- Select the devices and click OK.
- Click on Save to apply the policies to devices.
The policy can also be associated with Device Groups, Users, User Groups, or Domain from the left pane of the Policy Targets tab.
If the policy has already been saved,
- From Policies tab, select the policy to be associated.
- Go to Manage > Associate Targets and select the device.
- Click on Associate to apply policy to the device.