Hexnode MDM’s File Management feature enables the enterprise to distribute any content to the enrolled Android devices. This feature provides security over corporate files even when scattered among numerous end points. This feature is available from Hexnode app version 9.6.1.
The enterprise will be able to send any file (which can be documents, apps, videos, etc.) to any of the enrolled Android devices and they can also specify where the file can be stored. The file will then be downloaded from the server to the device automatically without user intervention. This file can also be deleted from the device remotely from Hexnode MDM. Thus, the file distributed to the devices can be secured even if the devices become compromised.
Distributing Files to Devices
To send files from the Hexnode MDM portal to a designated space within an enrolled device:
- Login to your Hexnode MDM portal.
- Navigate to Admin > File Management.
- Choose the file you want to send to the device and tap Upload.
- The uploaded file will be visible on the portal. You can either update or delete the uploaded file.
- Next, go to Policies > New Policy > Android Settings > File Management. Click Configure.
Policy name– Assign a suitable name for the policy. This field is mandatory.
Description– Provide a brief description for the policy.
- Enter the location in the device where you want to send the uploaded file.
- Enter the file name to be sent to the mentioned location.
- Click on Add.
- Next, associate the policy with the target devices by clicking on Policy Targets > +Add Devices and choose the required device. Click OK.
- Click Save. The policy will be pushed to the chosen device.
The transferred file can be found at the specified location on your Android device. On deleting the policy from the portal, the transferred file gets removed from the device.