Hexnode MDM allows the users to build either a blacklist of apps not to be shown or run on the device, or a whitelist of apps allowing only the apps listed to function in the device. This provides the capability to either block a set of inappropriate apps or to show the chosen list of active whitelisted apps.
Applying Policy to Blacklist or Whitelist Apps
To block/allow apps on a device using Hexnode MDM, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Login to your Hexnode MDM portal.
- Tap on Policies > New Policy > Android > App Management > Blacklist/Whitelist. Click on Configure.
- Choose the Blacklist or Whitelist button based on the requirement.
- Click on +Add to add either an app or a group of apps to be either blacklisted/whitelisted.
- Once you have selected all the apps, click Done.
- Next, associate the policy to the target devices by clicking on Policy Targets.
- Select the Devices/Device Groups/User/User Groups or Domains to which the policy is to be attached.
- Click on Save.
Policy name– Assign a suitable name for the policy. This is a mandatory field.
Description– Provide a brief description for the policy.
In case the user chooses to include an app group, all the apps included in the group can be either blacklisted or whitelisted.