Hexnode MDM allows the users to build either a blacklist of apps not to be shown or run on the device, or a whitelist of apps allowing only the apps listed to function in the device. This provides the capability to either block a set of inappropriate apps or show the chosen list of active whitelisted apps.
Applying Policy to Blacklist or Whitelist Apps
To block/allow apps on a device using Hexnode MDM, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Login to your Hexnode MDM portal.
- Tap on Policies > New Policy > Android Settings > App Management > Black/White listing. Click on Configure.
- Choose the blacklist or whitelist button based on the requirement.
- Click on +Add to add either an app or a group of apps to be either blacklisted/whitelisted.
- Once you have selected all the apps, click Done.
- Next, associate the policy to the target devices by clicking on Policy Targets > +Add Device. Choose the device and click Save. The policy will be pushed to the device.
Policy name– Assign a suitable name for the policy. This is a mandatory field.
Description– Provide a brief description for the policy.
In case the user chooses to include an app group, all the apps included in the group can be either blacklisted or whitelisted.