Custom configuration profile reference for iOS devices
Configuration profiles are XML files that enable IT admins to customize configurations of managed devices, enforcing specific policies, settings or restrictions. This document serves as a repository of custom configuration profile references that can be deployed to iOS devices for various use cases. With Hexnode UEM’s Deploy Custom Configuration policy, IT admins can deploy these configuration profiles to iOS devices remotely.
How to create and deploy configuration profiles?
- Determine configuration requirement – Identify the specific restrictions, policies or settings you want to enforce on the iOS devices.
- Select a method of creation – Configuration profiles can be created using profile creator tools such as Profile Creator, Apple Configurator, iMazing Profile Editor etc. You can also create them using text editors.
- Configure the profile settings – Use the above-mentioned tools to create the required configurations. You may also refer to these payloads.
- Test the configuration profile – Test the profile manually on iOS devices.
- Deploy the configuration profile – Once the profile is tested and validated, follow these steps to execute it in bulk using Hexnode UEM:
- Login to the Hexnode UEM portal.
- Navigate to Policies > iOS > Deploy Custom Configuration and click Configure.
- Click Choose File and upload the configuration profile.
- Click OK and associate the policy with the required devices/device groups.
Non encrypted files of the following extensions – .mobileconfig, .xml, and .plist can be deployed via Hexnode UEM.
Custom configuration profiles
|Serial No||Configuration profile|
|1||Set passcode requirements|
|2||Configure Global HTTP Proxy|