How to install apps silently in Android Kiosk
Kiosk-enabled devices are business-specific devices that run only the applications approved by the organization. Silent app installation in kiosk mode makes it feasible to distribute in-house apps to the devices without any user intervention. As a result, enabling kiosk mode becomes a lot easier as the enterprise apps automatically get installed on the devices as they are added to the kiosk mode.
Silent App Installation in Android Kiosk
First you need to enable kiosk mode for the Android devices. You could either lock down the device into single app mode or multi app mode.
- Login to your Hexnode MDM portal.
- Go to Policies.
- Select an existing policy or create a new one by clicking New Policy.
- From Kiosk Lockdown > Android Kiosk Lockdown > select Single App/Multi App in accordance with the requirement.
- Click on Configure and add the required apps to the list.
- Associate the policy with the devices.
Associate Policies with Devices / Groups.
If the policy has not yet been saved.
- Navigate to Policy Targets.
- Click on +Add Devices.
- Select the devices and click OK.
- Click on Save to apply the policies to devices.
Apart from devices, you can also associate the policies with device groups, user and user groups from Policy Targets.
If the policy has been saved, you can associate it by another method.
- From Policies, check the policies to be associated.
- Click on Manage → Associate Targets and select the device.
- Click on Associate to apply policy to the devices.
Once the policies are associated, the device will enter into kiosk mode and the apps gets silently installed to the device.