Hexnode MDM enables you to enforce strong password on Windows device users, thereby preventing unauthorized access to the device.
To configure password rule for the users and make the password mandatory on the devices,
- Login to your Hexnode MDM portal > Navigate to Policies tab > Click on New Policy to create a new one or click on any policy to edit an existing one > Enter the Policy Name and Description in the provided fields.
- Navigate to Windows > Select Password > Click on Configure
- Configure Password settings. Password settings
Password settings Supported OS Description Allow simple value PCs & Tablets Phones ✓10 ✓8.1
Select this option to enable users to set simple passwords (without special characters or numbers) on their devices. Password type PCs & Tablets Phones ✓10 ✓8.1
Select the type of password that the users can set on their Windows devices.
Alphanumeric password: Enforce users to set an alphanumeric password.
Numeric password: Enforce users to set a numeric password.
Users can choose (default): Select this option to allow users to set a password according to their desire.
Minimum password length PCs & Tablets Phones ✗10 ✓8.1
Select the minimum number of characters required for the password.
You can set any value in the range 4 – 16.
Default value is 4 for mobiles and desktops.
Minimum complex characters Select the minimum number of complex characters that the password should have.
You can choose any value from,
- Digits only (default)
- Digits and lowercase letters
- Digits, lowercase and uppercase letters
- Digits, special characters, lowercase and uppercase letters
Maximum password age (in days) PCs & Tablets Phones ✓10 ✓8.1
Select the maximum number of days before which the password needs to be changed.
You can set any value in the range of 0 – 730 days.
Auto-lock (in minutes) PCs & Tablets Phones ✓10 ✓8.1
Set the maximum duration of device inactivity after which the device gets locked automatically.
You can set any value in the range of 0 – 999 minutes.
Password history PCs & Tablets Phones ✓10 ✓8.1
Password history is set to block the users from reusing the password for a specified number of times.
You can set any value in the range 0 – 50.
Failed attempt before wipe PCs & Tablets Phones ✓10 ✓8.1
The number of wrong password attempts after which the device will be automatically reset to factory default settings and all user data (contacts, files, calendars, etc.) will be lost.
You can set any value in the range 4 – 16 for desktops and 0 – 999 for mobile devices.
- Finally, go to Policy Targets > + Add Devices > Select the required device(s) to which the policy needs to be associated > Click OK
- Click Save.