Unlike iOS, Hexnode MDM makes it possible to update enterprise apps that are setup as Kiosk. So when updates for enterprise apps are available, the devices don’t need to be taken out of kiosk mode.
Steps to update an enterprise app
- Go to Admin page.
- Select App Settings → Apps.
- Search for the enterprise app you want to update.
- Click on the app.
- On the App details box, click on the settings button.
- Select Edit from the drop down list.
- Click on the option Change beside the APK File.
- Upload the new app version.
- Click Save.
The enterprise app which is on the device will get a yellow triangle with an exclamation on it. When clicking on that app the user can install the new app version.