Samsung Knox equipped smartphones and tablets provide security features and protects both personal and corporate data on the device without the need for a third-party agent. Knox is a highly secure platform built into Samsung devices that incorporates a group of mechanisms for securing the Samsung devices from intrusions and malicious attacks. Not all Samsung devices support Knox- the Knox platform is built into Samsung endpoints such as smartphones, tablets, and wearables from the time they are manufactured.
Samsung Knox puts forward the most advanced configuration and management options thus exhibiting robust security strategies. It provides end-to-end device management solutions for IT admins to smartly handle their endpoints, from configuration to device deployment. In case of theft or data being compromised, the Knox platform locks down the container to prevent data leakage.
Samsung Knox offers a wide range of benefits:
- Knox devices offer enhanced security and protection capabilities such as:
- Hardware and software-based on-device encryption
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity
- Support for Mobile Data Management and Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
- VPN to enable a secure connection for corporate email, applications etc. from anywhere in the world.
- It allows quick and easy deployment, robust manageability and comprehensive control over devices.
- Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync supports users in a number of ways:
- Access global address list
- Respond to meeting requests
- Set up out of office assistant
- Sort e-mails
- Set e-mail priority status
Hexnode MDM’s integration with Samsung Knox offers a wide range of capabilities such as
Enable/Disable features such as
- Screen Capture
- Data Roaming
- Control Notification Bar
- Disable Hardware/Software Buttons
- Add/Remove Applications
- Blacklisting/Whitelisting apps
- Silent App Installation/Removal
- Enable/Disable App Store Access
- Enable/Disable GPS
- Device Encryption
- Password Settings
- Device Lock/Wipe/Lost Mode
- Wi-Fi Configuration
- Bluetooth Configuration
- Track Data Usage
- Restrict Data Usage
Take a look at the restrictions available for Samsung Knox devices.