Enterprise apps are developed by an organization for meeting enterprise functions. It can be distributed through the Hexnode portal using install application action or mandatory app policy.
Hexnode allows us to update enterprise app on macOS devices using the below methods:
- Update the enterprise app pushed via mandatory app policy.
- Push the updated enterprise app via direct install application icon.
Update enterprise app on macOS pushed via mandatory app policy.
After the enterprise app is distributed through the portal via mandatory app policy, the updated version will be directly pushed while we replace the old PKG file with the new one in the apps tab.
To update mandatory enterprise app,
- Navigate to Apps tab.
- Filter the Apps by choosing the App Type as Enterprise app and App Platform as macOS.
- Click on the app to be updated.
- Click on the Settings (gear icon) on the top right corner of the app detail box and click
edit from the drop-down list.
- Click on the Change option beside the PKG file and upload the updated PKG file.
- Click on Save option.
Push the updated enterprise app to the devices by direct app install
First, add the new enterprise app with the updated version of the PKG file, replacing the old PKG file in the apps tab. Then push the app directly to the device or device group through the install application action in the manage tab.
Here are the steps to be followed :
- Click the Manage tab.
- Choose the device to which the app update have to be pushed.
- Click on Install Application from the Actions drop-down list.
- Filter the apps by choosing macOS platform.
- Select the new enterprise app version from the list.
- Click the Done option.