How to update an app in iOS Single App kiosk mode
Single app Kiosk mode in supervised iOS devices is a situation where the devices are restricted to run only a particular app. With iOS 11.2 or up, you can push silent app updates to devices running Single app mode.
Updating app in iOS Single app mode
An enterprise app in Single app mode can be updated using the traditional methods for updating apps on iOS devices.
If the app to be updated is an enterprise app,
1. Replace the old IPA with the new one in Hexnode app inventory.
If the enterprise app to be updated was pushed to the device as a mandatory app via policy, the app gets updated on the device automatically, provided the policy remains associated with the device.
- Go to Apps.
- Filter the Apps by selecting the App Type as Enterprise App and App Platform as iOS.
- Click on the enterprise app which is to be updated.
- Click on the Settings drop-down (gear icon) on the top-right corner of the app details box > Select Edit from the drop-down list.
- Click on the option Change beside the IPA file.
- Upload the new app version > Click Save.
2. Push the new app version directly to the device via Install application action.
Add the new app version to your app inventory and follow the steps below:
- Go to Manage > Select the device.
- Click on Actions > Choose Install Application action.
- Select the new version from the list > Click Done.