Apple Configurator 2 is an OSX program that allows one to create configuration profiles for Apple devices, including iPad, iPhone, Apple TV and iPod Touch, for easily deploying in business or school.
Follow these steps to enroll devices to Hexnode MDM with Apple Configurator 2:
- Create a WiFi profile.
- Create a Blueprint.
- Connect iOS devices to the computer.
- Click on Blueprints on the top of Configurator 2 and select the blueprint’s name > Apply.
Assign a user for the enrolled device. This can be done from Admin > Configurator Enrollment >
Default User > select a user from the list > Save. You can change the assigned user anytime from
Management > click on any device name > Actions > Change Owner.
Create a WiFi profile
To create a WiFi profile,
- Open Apple Configurator 2 on a computer running Mac OS.
- Go to File > New Profile > WiFi > Configure.
- Configure the WiFi profile and save.
Create a Blueprint
- Go to Blueprint > Edit blueprints.
- Name the new blueprint.
- Select the blueprint and click on the Add button on the top of Configurator 2 (or right-click on the blueprint > Add and select Profiles…
- Select the WiFi profile created previously.
- Select the blueprint and click on the Prepare button on the top of Configurator 2 (or right-click on blueprint > Prepare).
- Select Manual configuration > Next > Server > New Server.
- Provide any name and the enrollment URL available at Admin > Configurator Enrollment in
Hexnode MDM console.
- Follow the instructions as provided by Apple Configurator 2 and enroll the devices successfully. You can setup supervision and skip initial device setup steps too in the process.