Enterprise apps are private apps developed by an organization to serve a specific purpose. Since they are designed to be used internally within an organization, such apps are not hosted on Google Play. With Hexnode MDM, enterprise apps can be easily configured on Android in the Enterprise (Android for Work-AFW) enabled devices.
To silently install Enterprise apps in Android in the Enterprise enabled devices for kiosk mode,
- First, enroll your organization in the Android in the Enterprise (Android for Work-AFW) program.
- Then, enroll your device as a device owner.
- Publish the app as private app in Google Play Console.
- Add the private apps to the App Repository.
- Next, push a multi-app kiosk policy to activate kiosk mode.
- Push the apps to the target devices.
Push the Enterprise Apps on Android in the Enterprise Enabled Devices for Kiosk Mode
To install an Enterprise app on Android in the Enterprise enabled devices for kiosk mode,
- Login to your Hexnode MDM portal.
- Go to Policies > New Policy. You can also choose to continue with an existing one.
- Navigate to Kiosk Settings > Android Kiosk Mode > Multi App Kiosk. Click on Configure.
- Hit on the + icon to choose the apps you want to add in kiosk mode. Click Done.
- Next, associate the policy to the target devices by choosing Policy Targets > +Add Devices.
- Choose the device you want to associate the policy to and click OK.
- Click Save.
Policy Name– Assign a suitable name for the policy. This field is mandatory.
Description– Add a brief description for the policy.
Once the device gets locked down in kiosk mode, follow the below steps:
- Go to Management and choose the target device.
- On the device’s page, go to Actions and select Install Application.
- Choose the private app to be installed from the list and click Done. The app gets silently installed on the device.
- Now, go back to Policies and re-edit the previous policy. Add the private app to it and click Save.
The policy gets associated with the target device and the app is pushed to the device.