Enterprise apps are private apps developed by an organization to serve a specific purpose. Since they are designed to be used internally within an organization, such apps are not hosted on Google Play. With Hexnode, enterprise apps can be easily pushed onto devices enrolled in the Android Enterprise program.
To silently install Enterprise apps to devices in kiosk mode,
- Your organization should be enrolled in the Android Enterprise program.
- Enroll your device in Android Enterprise as device owner.
- Publish the app as private app in Google Play Console.
- Add the private app to the Hexnode portal.
- Next, push a multi-app kiosk policy to activate kiosk mode.
- Push the apps to the target devices.
Push the Enterprise Apps on Android Enterprise Enabled Devices in Kiosk Mode
To install an Enterprise app on Android in the Enterprise enabled devices for kiosk mode,
- Login to your Hexnode portal.
- Go to Policies > New Policy. You can also choose to continue with an existing one.
- Policy Name– Assign a suitable name for the policy. This field is mandatory.
- Description– Add a suitable brief description for the policy.
- Navigate to Kiosk Lockdown > Android Kiosk Lockdown > Multi App . Click on Configure.
- Hit on the + icon to choose the apps or the file shortcuts you want to add in the Multi App Kiosk.Click Done.
- Next, associate the policy to the target devices by choosing Policy Targets > +Add Devices.
- Choose the device you want to associate the policy to and click OK.
- Click Save to save the policy.
Once the device gets locked down in kiosk mode, follow the below steps:
- Go to Manage and choose the target device.
- On the device’s page, go to Actions and select Install Application.
- Choose the private app to be installed from the list of Apps and click on Done. The app gets silently installed on the device.
- Now, go back to Policies and re-edit the previous policy. Add the private app to it and click Save.
The policy gets associated with the target device and the app is silently installed.