How can we ensure security and privacy for Android devices with MDM?
Security and privacy are some of the critical requirements of organizations across verticals, irrespective of their operations and size. Hexnode offers a number of versatile policies and actions that help to enhance the security and privacy of Android devices used for work.
Some of these policies are:
- Device password and work profile password policies allow you to lock the device/work container in it with a secure password. You can also configure this policy to automatically wipe the device when the user unsuccessfully attempts to unlock the device more than the specified number of times.
- Basic and advanced restrictions policy helps to limit the device functionalities and protect the corporate data on the device. For example: Uncheck the option Safe Mode to prevent users from booting into the safe mode to alter the settings and restrictions of their Android devices.
- You can use the Mandatory Apps and File Management policies in Hexnode to distribute apps and documents to devices privately.
- Blacklist/whitelist apps to prevent users from installing, updating, or accessing unwanted/unsecure apps on the devices.
- Web content filtering restricts users from accessing unwanted or unsafe websites by Blacklisting the URLs. Whitelist the required URLs to prevent users from accessing any other websites.
- VPN policy in Android can be used to enhance security by redirecting the network traffic through a virtual network.
- Certificates policy can be used to securely push sensitive data in the form of certificates like VPN credentials, Wi-Fi identity certificates, etc., to devices.
- Global HTTP proxy policy ensures data security for internet connectivity since all the corporate and personal data are filtered through the proxy network.
- Schedule OS updates policy for Android Enterprise devices can be used to avail the latest device/security features specific to the new OS version. By scheduling, IT will get enough time to test and validate the features and identify security loopholes in the new OS version, if any.
- Configurations and permissions for apps can be configured from Hexnode based on your security and privacy needs.
- Securely restrict your devices into a purpose-specific environment by locking the device in kiosk mode.
- Create a virtual fence around a geographical region using geofencing policy. This allows you to alter the availability of the corporate resources as the device enters and exits this virtual boundary.
- Configure the compliance profiles in Hexnode to deactivate the Android Enterprise container on a device when it turns passcode non-compliant.
- The Location tracking feature enables you to track the location of devices at periodic intervals of time.
Some of the actions include:
- Device Wipe: Remotely wipe the complete device to prevent any security threats like data leakage. Use corporate wipe on a BYO device to wipe only the corporate container.
- Lost mode: Lost Mode is a security feature to protect your device and the critical data contained in it from malicious hands.
- Remote ring: Enable remote ring to find a lost device. This will play a sound on the device even if it’s muted.
- Lock device: Enables you to remotely lock the device. Only a person who knows the device password can unlock the device.
- Instantaneous Location tracking: Instead of waiting for the device to revert its location at the specified periodic intervals, you can request the device to report its real-time location with this action.
Need more help?