Hexnode MDM provides the user with options to control the Wi-Fi in their devices. This will relieve the admin from configuring different Wi-Fi policies for Android devices. Also, this option makes the kiosk mode more flexible.
The Wi-Fi controls available in Hexnode MDM are:
- Enable users to turn Wi-Fi on and off
- Enable users to connect to any available Wi-Fi networks
Applying Wi-Fi settings
- Go to Policies and select a policy or create a new policy.
- Click on Kiosk Settings and select Peripheral Settings under Android Kiosk Mode.
For enabling the users to turn the Wi-Fi on and off:
- Select the option Allow Wi-Fi toggle.
- Click Save.
Here the user will be able to see the network they are connected to and they will be able to turn it on and off.
For enabling the users to select from available Wi-Fi networks:
- Select the option Allow Connect to WiFi Networks.
- Click Save.
Here the user will be able to see all the available Wi-Fi networks and select any of those networks.
Disallow Wi-Fi controls to user
There are two ways to configure a Wi-Fi network in a kiosk device
- By associating a Wi-Fi network policy
- By allowing the Wi-Fi controls to the user
If you want to strip the user from any type of Wi-Fi control, you just need to uncheck the Kiosk Wi-Fi controls :-
- Allow Wi-Fi toggle.
- Allow Connect to Wi-Fi Networks.