Custom configuration profile list for Apple tvOS devices
Custom configuration profiles are used for a variety of reasons, primarily to simplify the setup and configuration of devices, applications, and services in a consistent and efficient manner. These profiles serve as templates or pre-defined settings that can be applied to multiple devices or users, reducing the need for manual configuration and ensuring standardized settings across an organization or group of users. Hexnode UEM allows IT admins to remotely execute custom configuration profiles on tvOS devices using its Deploy Custom Configuration feature. This document intends to provide you with a set of custom configuration profiles that Mac admins can use to standardize settings for various device functionalities in an Apple TV.
Creating and deploying configuration profiles
Preparing the configuration profile
- Identify the restrictions, policies, or settings that need to be configured on the tvOS device.
- Profile creation can be done using tools like Apple Configurator, Profile Creator, or iMazing. Configuration profiles can also be manually created using text editors. You may refer to the payloads provided in the Apple Developer documentation.
Deploying the configuration profile
- Login to the Hexnode UEM portal.
- Navigate to Policies > New Policy or choose an existing policy > Apple TV > Deploy Custom Configuration.
- Click on Configure and select Choose File. This will open a window for you to upload the configuration profile stored on the device or select a profile that is already added to the portal.
- Click OK and navigate to Policy Targets to select the Devices/Device Groups/Users/User Groups/Domains to associate the policy with. Save the policy to deploy it.
To view the profile output for a device, go to the Action History sub-tab on the device details page and click on the Show Output button corresponding to the profile action.
Custom configuration profiles
|Serial No||Configuration Profile|
|2||Enforce Conference Room Display|
|3||Disable device name modification|
|4||Single App Kiosk|
|5||Deploy certificates to Apple TV|