Hexnode MDM enables the admin to prevent the removal of the MDM app via restriction policy. Once the policy is associated with the device, the Hexnode MDM app becomes non-removable. On removing the policy, the associated restriction becomes void, thus allowing MDM app removal.
Prevent Removal of MDM App
To prevent the removal of Hexnode MDM app,
- Login to your Hexnode portal.
- Go to Policies > New Policy , create a new policy or continue with an existing one.
Policy name– Assign a suitable name for the policy. This field is mandatory.
Description– Provide a brief description for the policy.
- Click on Android, tap Restrictions.
- Disable the Allow MDM Administration removal option under Security Options.
- Next, associate the policy to the target devices. Go to Policy Targets, tap on +Add Devices.
- Choose the device you want to associate the policy with and click OK.
- Click Save.
Once the policy gets associated with the device, the MDM app on the device becomes non-removable.