Hexnode License and subscription – General FAQs
- 1. Does Hexnode UEM license cost differs based on platform models I plan to use?
- 2. How to modify the specified credit/debit card details?
- 3. How do I modify my Hexnode UEM license?
- 4. How do I know what plan of Hexnode l am using, and where do I view my licensing information?
- 5. What happens at the end of the Hexnode UEM trial?
1. Does Hexnode UEM license cost differs based on platform models I plan to use?
No, Hexnode UEM license cost does not depend on device platforms. They are based only on the plan you choose. Express, Pro, Enterprise, Ultimate, and Ultra are the five pricing plans available in Hexnode UEM.
2. How to modify the specified credit/debit card details?
To update your credit card details, navigate to Admin > License > Upgrade/Renew > Billing Details and click on the Edit button next to the credit/debit card you wish to update. You can edit the Cardholder name, Expiry date and Zip code associated with the card.
3. How do I modify my Hexnode UEM license?
To upgrade your Hexnode UEM license, navigate to Admin > License > Upgrade/Renew and click the Change plan button from the Subscription tab. If you wish to downgrade your subscription plan to a lower one, click Contact Support on the subscription page and provide the necessary details in the form that pops up. Our support team will contact you as soon as possible.
To increase the device count or add additional technicians to your current subscription plan, click the +Add More Device Count or +Add More Technicians button from the Subscription tab.
Your UEM license will be modified upon completing the payment.
4. How do I know what plan of Hexnode l am using, and where do I view my licensing information?
You can get a basic overview of your licensing information under Admin > License in the Hexnode UEM console.
For more detailed information, click on the Billing option under the Account details at the top-right corner of the Hexnode console. Here, you can find all the details about your subscription details such as your active plan, total device count, number of technicians, license activation date, and the next billing date.
You will be notified with a banner, “Your Hexnode UEM license will expire in x day(s)” on top of the Hexnode portal if your license is about to expire.
5. What happens at the end of the Hexnode UEM trial?
Hexnode UEM provides a 14-day trial period where you can manage devices and add technicians. Once this 14-day trial expires, you should subscribe to continue using Hexnode UEM. If you subscribe before the trial ends, the remaining days of your trial will be added to your subscription.
To subscribe with Hexnode at the end of the trial:
- Go to Admin > License and click Subscribe.
- Choose your preferred plan from the subscription page and complete the payment.
Alternatively, you can contact us directly to have your license extended or upgraded. Based on the plan you have chosen, payment can be made on a monthly or yearly basis.