A complete device wipe will delete all data from the device, including the personal data of the user. A complete wipe will also reset the device to the factory settings. Corporate data wipe can be performed on a device if you don’t wish to delete the device completely.
Instead of personal data, corporate wipe deletes all WiFi networks, Email configurations, VPNs and APNs leaving the user-configured data untouched. Additionally, enterprise applications pushed by the MDM can be cleared from the device remotely.
To perform a corporate data wipe, you should either
- Delete the policy that associates the WiFi, VPN and other settings with the device, OR
- Disenroll the device.
There are other methods too, which will be discussed later.
Deleting a policy permanently
Hexnode allows you to delete a permanently after archiving it.
To Archive a Policy
- Login to your Hexnode Portal.
- Go to Policies.
- Select the policy.
- Click on Manage > Move to Archive.
To Delete a policy
- Login to your Hexnode MDM Portal.
- Go to Policies > Archived Policies.
- Select the policies you want to delete.
- Click on Manage > Delete.
Removing a policy from the device
There are many methods by which a policy can be removed from a device.
Method 1: From Policies tab
- Access Policies.
- Select an existing policy from the list.
- Go to Policy Targets.
- Click on remove which appears to the right of the device name.
Method 2: From Device Details
- Go to Manage tab.
- Click on a device name.
- Head on to Policies subtab.
- Click on the trash () icon to the right of the policy name.
Deleting an enterprise app from the device
While installing an app to a device, you should specify whether the app belongs to the corporate, and need to delete the app and its data from the device if the device is stolen or the employee leaves the company.
To make an iOS enterprise app removed on disenrolling,
- Login to your Hexnode MDM portal and select the Apps tab.
- From + Add Apps and select Enterprise App.
- Choose the Platform as iOS.
- Before adding the app, check both Remove on disenroll and Prevent app backup options. Enabling ‘Prevent app backup’ will prevent the user from backing up the app data, thus securing the corporate data in the app (if any).
- Click on Add.