With Hexnode MDM Admin can pre-configure in-app settings thereby eliminating the need for users to set up apps for first-time use. The set of variables that can be configured depends on the provisions built in by the app developer.
App Configuration for iOS devices
To configure App configuration for iOS devices,
- Go to Apps tab > Click on the app for which you have to define the configuration.
- Click on the Settings drop down (gear icon) on the top-right corner of the app details box > Click on App Configuration.
- Check the Update App Configuration box.
- Download the sample XML file to get the exact format to be followed while preparing the app configuration file.
- Click on Choose file and upload the XML file > Save.
App Configuration for Android devices
- Go to Policies tab > Create a New Policy or continue with an existing one.
- From Android Settings > App Management > App Configurations > Click on Configure.
- Click on Add new configuration > Select the work app.
- Configure the app > Click Done.
- Go to Policy Targets > Associate the Policy to the target Devices/ Device Groups/Users/User Groups/Domains > Click Save.