Enterprise apps are apps developed by an organization for use within the organization. However, these apps should not be available to the users outside the organization. It can be achieved by publishing the apps privately in Google Play. The Enterprise app can later be updated by replacing the old APK file with the new one.
To Update Enterprise Apps on the device
- Publish the app as Private app in the Google Play Console.
- Update the app with a new APK file.
Update Enterprise Apps
- Login to Google Play Console.
- Click on All Applications and choose the app you wish to update.
- Tap on Release Management > App Releases.
- Click Edit Releases.
- Upload the new APK file and enter the release notes.
- Click on Save and once the app is ready to be updated, click Review. You will be presented with a summary of app releases.
- After reviewing the APK, click on Confirm Rollout to release your updated app version. The updated app will appear in the list of apps published by the developer.
Push the Updated Apps to Devices
After updating the app, push the apps to the devices either via policy or install application action.
Method 1: Pushing Apps via Policy
- Navigate to Policies.
- Select an existing policy or create a new one by clicking on New Policy.
- Choose Android > App Management > Mandatory Apps and click on Configure.
- Tap on +Add > Add App / App Group. Choose the updated app and click Done.
- Next, associate the policy to the target devices. Tap on Policy Targets > +Add Devices.
- Choose the device you want to associate the policy with and click OK.
- Click Save.
Method 2: Pushing Apps via Install Application
- Navigate to Manage tab and choose the devices from the list.
- Tap on Actions and select Install Application.
- Choose the app you want to install on the device and click Done.
- The app would be pushed to the device.