iOS multi app kiosk is essentially a group of whitelisted apps. From iOS 9.3 onwards, the whitelist feature enables the admin to add only required apps to the device – kind of like a kiosk mode. In iOS 9.3 the phone app and settings app will get added by default but from iOS 10 onwards any app that needed to show up on the device needs to be whitelisted.
Creating the app whitelist
- Go to Policies → New Policy→Kiosk Settings.
- Select Multi App Kiosk under iOS Kiosk Mode and click Configure.
- Click on +Add and select Add Apps for adding apps individually or Add Group for adding an app group. Select the apps or app groups from the list.
- Click Save.
Now the app whitelist is created. All you have to do now is associate this policy to target devices.
Associate target devices
- Select the required policy from the Policy tab.
- Click on Manage and select Associate Targets.
- Select the devices from the list and click Associate.
Note: All the apps that are whitelisted should already be installed in the iOS device