What is Hexnode MDM app?
The Hexnode MDM app is the agent app used to establish the device-server communication required for managing iOS and macOS devices. In Android devices, it is known as the Hexnode UEM app. With this agent app installed on your devices, Hexnode can remotely set up device configurations, enforce security measures, simplify app management, execute remote actions, and lock down your devices in kiosk modes.
Set up Hexnode MDM app
To set up Hexnode UEM app for Android devices,
- Download the Hexnode UEM app from the Google Play Store or download the apk here.
- Open the app and enter the server name in the text area provided. If asked, enter the email address and password provided by the administrator.
If you have a QR code, click on the QR code icon and scan it to enroll devices. The QR code is available either from the portal (Enroll > Platform-Specific > Android > QR Code, Email or SMS) or will be sent to the users via email.
- Activate Device Administration and follow the on-screen instructions.
For iOS and macOS devices, the app will be installed as soon as the MDM profile is installed on the devices. Allow the app to access location and send notifications.
Features of Hexnode MDM app
- Location: Hexnode can fetch the location of a device only if the Hexnode MDM app is installed on the device. The end-users can send location notes from the app. Make sure to grant the location access permission to the app.
- Messaging: The messages sent by the admin can be accessed right within the app. The app stores the complete history of messages sent via the MDM portal. You can view the message history even in the absence of a steady network connection.
- Enterprise App catalog: The MDM app has its own app store for providing apps to your users. You can choose to access and install the apps that are approved by your enterprise.
- Compliance: The app displays the compliance info of your devices. You can make sure whether your devices meet the compliance requirements set by your organization.
- Remote View and Control: The Hexnode MDM app on iOS devices lets you remotely view the device’s screen in real-time. But for macOS devices, the Hexnode Remote Assist app is needed along with the agent app. Similarly, for Android devices, the Hexnode Remote View app is required along with the agent app to achieve the same. The remote control feature works only on Android devices and not on any other platforms.
What is Hexnode Agent app for Windows?
The Hexnode Agent app gets installed if the device is enrolled using the Hexnode Installer app.
Actions like Custom Script, Remote View, and MSI app installation are supported only on devices enrolled via the Hexnode Installer as they require the latest versions of the Hexnode Agent app to be installed on the device.